Ride sharing denotes a mode of transportation whereby individual travelers with same time schedule and same itineraries decide to share a vehicle on short notice, while splitting the travel costs like fuel, parking fees or any other such cost. Ridesharing also refers to a system that provides the benefits of speed and flexibility of private cars with reduced travel costs, less congestion on the road thus leading to less pollution. Despite great benefits for both the driver and the passengers ride sharing has to face a number of challenges that obstruct its widespread use like disorganized activity as far as coordination is concerned. The users expect to be provided with quality services with the help of these apps.Read more about : Android vs iOS: Which Platform to Choose First?
This type of ridesharing uses three technological elements that are coordinated by a network service that can instantly match rides and also handle the payments due to the driver using an optimization calculation.
1. A device with GPS navigation to determine the route the driver is taking and at the same time coordinate the shared ride
2. The travelers should have access to a smartphone so that they can request for a ride wherever they might be
3. The necessity of social network to establish an element of trust and answerability between the rider and the driver.
Elements for Drivers and Passengers in Ride Sharing App Development
- Developing the ridesharing platform ensuring an immaculate performance
- Enabling payments by proper integration of the product with the solution
- Create a website where drivers can register and sign up informing clients of potential ridesharing
- Provide Android and iOS apps for drivers to enable them to view the requests for rides, giving them the choice to accept or reject them. Other benefits of these apps is viewing and navigating the journey and checking CO2 emissions.
- Providing Android and iOS apps for riders so that they can check the location of the car and the waiting time. It is through this app that riders can request for a ride while navigating the route, check the driver’s rating and even add payment details like details of card etc.
- Check it out one of our product Taxionthego is a ridesharing app solution and it’s a taxi booking software for passengers
Challenges Faced by the Ridesharing App Development
- The most important feature of this ridesharing app is to share the ride with others but pay for it individually.
- The driver’s location needs to be continuously updated so that the users can view the location of nearby drivers
- A reliable solution should be built for the estimation of time and distance of every ride.
- It is vital to set up an effectual communication between multiple servers so as to coordinate between the different drivers and riders.
- As money transactions are involved top priority should be given to get all information concerning the user’s mobile information while creating the app. The solution is to integrate the app with the payment mechanism
- Ridesharing cabs have three types of vehicles and the rates vary according to the fuel rates. An algorithm has to be developed to calculate the rate for each car.
- Multiple apps on Android and iOS enable smooth operations even when switching between different devices and platforms.
These are the essential elements and challenges faced by developer while developing ride sharing appKnow more about our mobile application development services